Friday, April 28, 2017

Fun Friday: 33 things about me

I just turned 33 a couple weeks ago.  Kind of crazy to think that I am now not just in my 30s but in my mid-thirties.  But age is just a number anyway, right?  I thought I'd share some random facts about me for this Fun Friday!

33.  I am not as young as I once was, but I’m also not as old as I will be tomorrow.  Live each day to the fullest.  So I slide down double slides with my son and I have nightly dance parties with my guys, because life is too short to not be silly!

32.  Grief really does only exist where love lived first.  This was a life changing quote for me.  It's ok to grieve, in fact, I'm thankful for grief because it means there was someone to grieve.  

31.  Never trust a quiet toddler (or child), even if they *may* be sleeping.  (There's a good chance they are only quiet because they are getting into something.)

30.  I love the outdoors.  The sunshine just makes me happy!  One of the many reasons I love this sunshiny state of Colorado!

29.  Lularoe leggings are the most comfy pants I own, even if they aren't really even considered pants...but I mostly only wear them around my house.

28.  I feel better when I wake up at a regular time, but most of the time I still don't do it now that I don't work outside the home.  

27.  I love coffee.  And I drink entirely too much most days.  Although I have been drinking some form of ‘coffee’ for 17 years, it wasn’t until I became a Mom that I started drinking it black.  (Granted, I still love sweet lattes but prefer to grab those with a friend over a convo.)

26.  Murphy's Law always prevails.  (See #31)

25.  There is something about cuddling up with a soft blanket, cup of tea, bowl of popcorn and my hubs that just melts all the problems of the world, well at least the day, away.

24.  I can't go to bed before 10, otherwise I wake up at about 3 and can't get back to sleep.  It can be 10 or 10:05 just not 9:50 for some reason.

23.  I love music.  I can't go a day without humming, singing, drumming, whistling and listening to music.  A lot of times it's most of those happening at the same time.

22.  I hate shorts, but I love skirts and dresses in the summer.  (Part self conscious and huge part comfort.)  Ironically I wear shorts under my dresses/skirts due to my toddler and the wind. haha

21.  I am either very opinionated or completely indecisive.   I’m opinionated about 95% of the time though.  I often used to joke that being critical (or having a critical eye) was my spiritual gift.  There is some truth to it too….

20.  I am a planner, who has recently embraced some spontaneity.  Motherhood and living closer to family (again) has done that to me. (spontaneity part)

19.  I am smarter than I think.  You are too!

18.  I have a photographic memory most of the time.  It came in especially handy when memorizing all my songs I sang in High School and then College.  And there were a lot….believe me! 

17.   Amazon Prime is pretty sweet.  2-day shipping and streaming lots of great movies and some shows for free, well the membership price.  We haven’t had cable for over 7 years!
                                                                                                                 
16.  I’ve lived in my current city half of the amount of time that I lived in my hometown and we lived in NC half as long as I’ve lived in my current city. 

15.  I always thought I’d be a young mom, but now that I became a Mom later in life, I can’t imagine my life any different or raising a different kiddo.  Even if it’s not the way I “planned” it.  (Read: God’s timing is always perfect and never an accident.)

14.  I am a dog person who has owned a cat for half of the time that I ever had dogs.  Life is funny that way.  I still contend she’s a bit of a dog though.

13.  I love sweets, especially and almost exclusively chocolate treats.

12.  Even though I now seldom dream, or at least if I do I sure don’t remember them, when I was a child I had a very vivid recurring dream of my wedding.  I would walk down the aisle of my Church (in the dream dress that I ended up wearing in my own wedding years later) and just as I got to the end to see who I was marrying I would wake up.  So frustrating at the time. (LOL) When I got married I never had that dream again—probably because I figured out who it was! J

11.  Financial Peace University changed my life.  I highly recommend it to anyone in pretty much an phase of life!  I may a bigger post about how life changing the course was but a huge part was having a plan to get out of debt and a plan for where all of our money is going.  Everydollar.com is what we use for budget, and it’s great!  It’s free software online, and if you want your bank account added to it you just pay a small fee. (Not a paid advertisement, just sharing what has helped us!)

10.  I love to cook and bake but HATE doing dishes.  Alas, it all still happens though!

9.  I love free things as much as the next person, but if it means long lines and huge crowds then you can count me out.  (Think Ben and Jerry’s and DQ free ice cream days….maybe I’ll go if friends or family are going and we can chat in the line, otherwise I will pick up a half gallon (or whatever size it is they come in anymore) on my way home and enjoy it all week for much less stress.)

8.  I am an introvert.  I am sometimes extroverted, but I need my alone time.  People drain me.  Now, my son and hubs can usually be in my “alone” time but sometimes I even need a break from them. 

7.  I like fake sushi, like with cooked/smoked fish.  I can’t even process or begin to think of raw fish…in my mouth…or stomach.

6.  I love spicy food.  I think being married to a spice lover has helped me tolerate hotter things too.  Bring on all the green chile (I even make my own now)!

5.  I love birthdays, especially mine.  (As completely selfish as that sounds…now that I wrote it down. :/)

4.  I had 5 cousins growing up.  My little man already has 14!!  So fun!

3.  Being a Mom has truly been the best (and at times also the most trying) experience that I’ve ever had and I’m so thankful for the opportunity to raise our little guy.  (and hopefully more, one day!) 

2.  I married my best friend, and although I thought I loved him then, I do so much more now it’s kind of crazy!  Seeing him be so sweet and gentle as a father has increased my affection for him too.  So sweet, those two.


1.  I am so incredibly thankful for my relationship with Jesus and that God loved us SO much that He executed His perfect rescue plan to heal our relationship.  It was a completely free gift too.  There’s nothing I could do to earn it and nothing I could do to remove it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment