Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A letter and prayer for my son

Dear son, my sunshine boy,

You are the best.  You really are.  I don't mean that in a little kid or completely obsessed mama (which I probably still am...) kind of way.  I mean, you are one cool little man.  I wrote you a letter a few months ago when I thought you were my favorite age. But now, I'm thinking this may be my favorite age.  (Spoiler, every age/stage with you is my favorite because you are my favorite!)

Now that you are about to turn 2, it's kind of bittersweet.  You are truly a toddler and not looking much like the baby you once were.  You don't have anymore rolls on your arms or legs.  In fact, they'e been replaced with muscles.  You don't need me for everything.  You are growing more independent everyday.  You don't coo or babble.  You are actually saying real words that at least I can understand (most of the time).  We have real conversations, we sing together and work on your ABCs.

You run super fast.  You are getting the hang of brushing your teeth.  You sleep like a big boy in a big boy bed, and have for a while now.  You help me pick out your clothes and put them on each day.  You're also even better at feeding yourself, although you are a bit pickier of an eater than when you were younger.

With your newfound independence and skills these are things I pray for you...
  • May you always remember that you were no accident, you were fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator of the Universe with a plan for your life. (Psalm 139:13-18)
  • May you choose your words carefully and respectfully, even when others don't, so you will be encouraging and helpful.  (Colossians 4:6)
  • May you have patience so you will be less frustrated and more reliant on the God of peace.  (Galatians 5:22-26)
  • May you always have the great work ethic and energy that you have now.  (Colossians 3:23-24)
  • May you learn to be happy with little so you will always be content and thankful for what you have.  (Philippians 4:10-20)

We are so thankful and proud to be your parents.  It's been a great two years, I hope this year is your best year yet!

Love,
Mommy



PS.  You are going to be the best brother and we are so thrilled to see how you grow into that role. (hopefully in the next year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment