Friday, February 10, 2017

Step of faith

You know that feeling when you get a really good idea?  It's kind of fluttery, but mostly really exciting?  Maybe it's a solution for a problem at work.  Maybe it's a new idea to try at work.  Maybe it's some way to handle a tough situation.  Or maybe it's just something to try to connect with people.

I had one of those a few weeks ago.  It was the beginning of the year and I want to be more intentional with my time and life, right?  So, I had this great idea:  a Walking Fellowship.  Where women (no offense guys) could get some exercise and chat, getting to know each other and maybe share how God is working in our lives.  

Maybe I should back up.  I've never really been that outgoing.  Like, I kind of faked it for years in High School and College, but it's just really NOT who I am.  I do well in small groups...of like 1-3 people and then all the sudden I shut down if it goes over that amount of peeps.  I'm introverted, introspective and I over think just about everything, ever.  So, perhaps it's also like social anxiety?!?!  Add in being a mom (and first time mom) and well....you probably get the picture.  I prefer to hang out with people one on one and that's about it.  

So when I had this idea that was out of my comfort zone I had a feeling it was God nudging me.  Kind of like when I share personal things on this blog.  So I sent out some feeler messages to women in my area and I was blown away with the response!  It seems like this wasn't just some crazy idea...it was a pretty good one, perhaps even filling some void for others too.

So fast-forward a couple weeks and now we've had our first few meetings.  It's not huge.  It's varying, and so completely awesome.  It's about community.  It's about women (who have all been moms too so far that mostly have a kid or two in tow) getting some exercise.  It's such an encouragement (to me at least) to get out of the house and hang out with people in a similar stage of life.  No need to put on airs or anything, just a place to come as you are and hang out.  Just my kind of group, and I hope it's yours too if you can make it!  (Let me know if you are in the area and don't already have the details on when and where we meet!)

Unfortunately we had this kind of freak ice storm last week so we had to cancel our third meeting.  But the interesting thing with that?  Some expressed that they were sad we wouldn't be hanging out.  I felt the same way too!  So I think that definitely means we have community going on, which was the goal (and to get some exercise of course!)!!  Woot!

I love what happens when we trust God, obey and step out in faith!   What has God maybe been nudging you to do that would take a step of faith to do?  Try something new?  Attempt something new at work?  Start a group?  The possibilities are endless.



No comments:

Post a Comment