Monday, January 2, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Mommy Resolutions

Wow, is it really already 2017?  As in, 2-0-1-7?!?  How can that be?  Time flies when you're living life, right? ;)  As a part of Mommy Style Monday we are talking about resolutions for the New Year and focusing on what we do well!

I am a planner by nature (I did event planning in several jobs I've had over the years and most recently in my Marketing Director position where I worked until we moved back to CO when my son was a few months old.), and motherhood has sometimes thrown that part of me for a loop.  Like when my babe decides to fall asleep two hours early, or late for his nap or maybe not even take one at all.  My son is like most children and thrives on a schedule and if I'm being honest--I do too!  So, we try to keep one as best we can!

I have been missing a paper planner since I quit working in mid-2015 and stopped using one.  So I picked up this Happy Planner at Costco a few weeks ago and I am already loving it!! (It was only $24.99 as has refills for 2018 too! Can't find it on Costco online, but you can try to get it locally or check out the company's site here)  I'm so excited to use this in conjunction with my google calendar that I've been using for years!

 Isn't it cute?
 It has all these goodies like coordinating bookmarks for lists, stickers, pockets, graph paper, washi tape and pens! Love it!

So on to my resolutions:
  • Use my planner for personal things as well as planning posts for my blog.  
  • Be more intentional, encouraging and transparent about a lot of things but especially with hanging out with friends and family.
  • Be more consistent in my quiet times.
  • Be a better wife and mom than last year.

You may notice that these are kind of small yet big things that I am passionate about anyway and tend to mostly do.  I really want to be more intentional with my family, people, my writing, my time with God and my time in general in the new year.  

What are you resolving to do this year?  What are you already doing well?  What can you improve?

Check out all the other cute Mamas participating this week at their links below.  If you'd like to participate next time go to Kiana or Madeline's blogs to sign up!


Kiana at Glitter & Donuts | Madeline at CaseyLand
Rachel at Tutus and Heels | Cayli at Nightchayde | Monica at It's All About

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE PLANNERS! This one is so cute! Those are good resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That planner looks so great! I need to use my planner more. My goal is to be a lot more intentional this year too. Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the planner! I would be lost without mine!


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete