Thursday, January 12, 2017

God always meets us



God always meets us where we are.  Do you know how comforting that is?  Whether you are a new Christian, seasoned Christian or not.  Just as there isn't anything we could do to win favor with God, or earn our way into heaven--God will always meet us where we are.

In my times of grief--God meets me there.
In my times of joy--God meets me there.
In my times of struggle--God meets me there.
In my times of accomplishment--God meets me there.
In my times of heartache--God meets me there.
In my times of waiting--God meets me there.

Here's always there.  He may not be a loud roaring voice, or even an audible one but His word is there for us to read and He is truly always with us.

We don't have to have it all together.
We don’t have to be the best student.
We don’t have to be the best mother.
We don’t have to wear the best clothes.
We don’t have to have the perfect relationships.
We don’t have to know all answers.
We don’t have to be the strongest or the weakest.
We don’t have to have anything, to be able to come to the throne.  

God meets us exactly where we are.  Like in Romans 5:8, God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  God didn’t wait until we were ‘worthy’ to send His son.  Because, if He had it either wouldn’t have ever happened or we wouldn’t have needed a Savior.  But as it is, we are a fallen people and we couldn’t do anything to be reconciled back to God.  So, He sent his only son to earth to die for the sins of you and me, and the whole world, past present and future.  Timothy Keller says it well here:

God sees us as we are,
loves us as we are,
and accepts us as we are.
But by His grace,
He does not leave us as we are.
~Timothy Keller

He meets us where we are, but He doesn't want us to stay there.  He doesn’t leave us there.  Once we come to know Jesus, He comes along side us on this journey of life.   Becoming a Christian doesn't mean that life will be easy, God promises that we don't have to face the inevitable challenges of this life alone.  In John 16:33, Jesus said: "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."  


As my oldest sister’s oldest daughter used to always say (when she was about 4 or 5) “It’s all about Him” pointing up towards the sky.  That’s true, it is all about Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment