Thursday, December 29, 2016

Most Popular Posts of 2016 and a question for you!



So, while doing some planning for 2017 this week, I was looking into what my most popular posts of this year were.  And I was simultaneously surprised and not, at the results.  The most popular post of this year was the most candid and vulnerable thing I've ever written and it also received almost twice as many views as anything else I've written this year.  (And is quickly becoming my most popular post ever.  It's at #3 right now of everything I've written over the last 7 years)

I have chosen to highlight just the top 7 (my favorite number) of my posts from this year below and you'll also see there seems to be a theme within them....

My 7 Most Popular Posts of 2016:


7.  What if? 
Sometimes when I am laying in bed trying to fall asleep at night, I just can't get my brain to shut off.  A few nights ago was one of those nights...

6.  I wonder, who you'd be today 
It's been more than a year since you were here. More than a year since you were growing in my belly. More than a year since you were known and loved.... 

Yesterday you turned 17 months old.  In some ways you seem much older, perhaps it is because you are very tall for your age and just have the sweetest disposition...

So when we see a friend hurting (whether it is from emotional, relational or physical pain), let's say an encouraging word, pray with them and maybe even offer....

After recently doing some soul searching and deciding to make my way back onto facebook to be able to stay connected with friends...

Since I posted about my miscarriage last week, it's come to my attention that I didn't share it with those closest to me (with the exception...

and my most viewed post of 2016 was (drumroll please):

It's almost been a year since one of our best and worst years ever.  In 2015 we became parents to the sweetest boy (through our first choice...

As you likely know, I recently changed the name of my blog to more accurately reflect what I have been writing....but I wasn't even realizing that the posts that are most popular are real life (and mostly hard issues like: miscarriage, grief, grace, encouragement, patience, etc....) and ways to work through the hard and not so hard stuff.  I have been intentionally being more real, and showing the good, the bad and the ugly and apparently that's what my readers would rather see than just the put together or 'pinterest perfect' version.

So, I have a few questions for you:

What would you like to see more of in 2017?

Do you have burning questions you'd like answered about:  infertility, grief, miscarriage, adoption, or anything else that you'd like me to cover?

I have also been enjoying more lighthearted stuff about happenings, seasonal bucket lists and style posts, so let me know if you are enjoying those too!

Do you follow me on social media?  Would you like to see a facebook page (and community) start where you can ask questions easier, and see when post on my blog?  Or do you prefer to follow my personal page?

While I have a lot of reasons I write, one of the reasons is to connect with people as a ministry tool, so your feedback really is invaluable!  Feel free to fill out this google form, comment below, comment on facebook/instagram or email me:  JJJourney08@gmail.com!  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment