Monday, December 5, 2016

Favorite Children's Books & Gift Guide

The theme for this Mommy Style Monday is favorite books!  Which worked out really well as part of my gift guides this year. (My adult gift guide can be found here.)
It's so important to instill the love of reading at an early age.  I find it was the colorful books that caught my son's attention at first, then it was cute and short stories and now for a while it has been anything that rhymes or has some sort of rhythm to it at least.  (My sweet drummer boy!)  While my son is just 20 months old, I'm including our very favorite Children's book, our favorite baby/toddler books, and will go up through most of the ages of children's books.  I've gone ahead and linked all the photos in case you'd like to check them out more or purchase them.

Our Favorite Children's Book:
We found The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name long before we were parents and got copies for our nieces and nephews as well as ourselves, we liked it SO much.  It tells each historical account in a child friendly manner with amazing illustrations that are full of color and really capture the stories!  And perhaps the best part is that they really do tie every story back to Jesus!  We highly recommend it, if you don't already have it!  We also love the convenience of the Kindle version.

Favorite Board Books:
The Pout Pout Fish (has been on repeat for months), Good Night Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Toot toot, Beep beep, Tip tip, Dig dig, Ocho Monitos (Eight Monkeys), Moo, Baa, Lalala, Dinosaur Kisses, Hungry Caterpillar.
       

Other Favorite Early Childhood/Early Elementary Books:
If you give a mouse a cookie (Love this book and the whole series really! SO cute!), Dr. Seuss (love them all, but especially: Horton Hears a Who, The Grinch and Cat in the Hat!), The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo.

     

Upper Elementary:
Pippi Longstocking, Hardy Boys Series, Boxcar Children Series, Nancy Drew Series
  




Be sure to check out the other Mamas' favorite books at the links below.  If you'd like to join Mommy Style Monday next time be sure to go to Kiana or Madeline's blogs to sign up! 


Kiana at Glitter & Donuts  |  Madeline at CaseyLand

Monica at It's All About | Rachel at Tutus and Heels | Lori at Love My Big Happy Family

Cayli at Nightchayde | Shani at Sunshine & Munchkins | Chelsea at Tessa Marie

9 comments:

  1. We have to hide pout pout fish sometimes to give that poor book a break. I can pretty much recite that book ;) love your picks they are all such cute books.


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I actually hide it to give me a break though. :)

      Delete
  2. Ok, this is such a good compilation! I love all of the books you listed! I need more board books for sure. My baby's favorite of those ones is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. He always claps when the caterpillar turns into a butterfly ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And your little guy is too cute! I love when they get so happy at the end of books!

      Delete
  3. We just started listening to the Boxcar Children this morning and my kids are hooked!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I never listened to Boxcar Children but we listened to Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew A LOT and I looooooved that!

      Delete
  4. Great picks! I just love to see kids reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember reading the Boxcar Children and Baby Sitters Club as a kid and loving them! As much as I love picture books, I'm excited for when my kids get old enough to enjoy the chapter books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! And Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete