Friday, November 18, 2016

What's with the name change?

When we started this blog we were newlyweds who were about to move across the country and wanted to stay in contact with friends and family far away.  So we titled it "The Journey of J^2" because that's who we were.  (Both J names, Jesse and Juli.)  When we were on the adoption journey we called it our Journey to J^3 which was catchy, and we did in fact name our son a J name too.  It was so fun to update everyone through our blog and also have it here to show our son one day.

Then when I started blogging once we got back to Colorado I kind of wondered what direction this would take.  I started off with an update on our adoption, then our diagnosis last December.  Then I took a break for a bit and had a few posts in the spring and summer, (one of my faves here, here, one of my faves here and another here) mostly inspirational things.

So basically, now that we've been back in Colorado for over a year, I thought it was time to change the title to something more representative to what this blog is.  Which is a bit of our lives, things we love, things we do, things we say, my 'style' and what I think about topics mostly ranging from womanhood to motherhood to adoption and beyond (here , here and here for example).

I mostly see this blog as an outlet for me to kind of "connect" with adults and also as a ministry to encourage others and share my faith in our everyday journey.  So come along, grab a cup of Joe and stay a while!  So, hence the "Enjoying the Journey" title now.  Don't you think it makes a bit more sense?  Feel free to give me feedback either way! :)

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.   Phillipians 4:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment