What you'll need:
- 1 yard of Green Felt* for the tree
- Several colors of either 6"x6" felt or 9"x12" felt for the ornaments
- Straight Pins, Carpet Tape, Command Strips or Masking Tape to attach the tree to the wall
*I got mine from Amazon, and it was 72" wide, so 1 yard was enough, if it is less side you may need more depending how tall you'd like the tree!
- Figure out how tall and wide (roughly) that you'd like the tree to be, and then fold the piece of felt in half lengthwise.
- Draw (on what will be the back of the felt) how you'd like your branches to look. You can google search to see different options. I really wanted a lot of places for my son to put ornaments so I made a lot of branches.
- Cut the 'tree' out of the felt making sure to cut both layers of felt so it will be symmetrical.
- Attach to wall. (Using straight pins, carpet tape, command strips or masking tape...do a test area to make sure it won't damage the wall...)
6. Decorate or adorn the ornaments as much or as little as you'd like! This step is totally up to you! Kids love shapes and colors so that's the biggest part, and then the rest if kind of like icing on the cake! ;)
7. Optional: Make bag for ornaments to go in when not in use.
8. Let your little one(s) at it!
All done! And ready to be rearranged whenever! I love that it's a toddler-proof Christmas Tree, and makes our place look a bit more festive! Here's a better pic of the ornaments below. This was when I was testing to make sure I'd made enough to fit the tree....my hubs laughed and was like, "yes, that's definitely enough. J's going to love it!" And I think he was right!