Monday, November 7, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Fall Favorites

As you've probably already noticed if you've read my blog for any amount of time, is that I love fall!  Granted I also love all the other seasons for various reasons but I love fall the most.  It's something about the spices in the air, the warm breezes, likely blizzards (in Colorado at least), and pumpkins as far as the eye can see that I just can't get enough of.  I also love that school usually starts at the end of summer or beginning of fall, and that Thanksgiving is about halfway through it.  


This is the theme of this week's Mommy Style Monday!  So many things to love about fall, and here's my list of favorite fall activities and why.  I actually made a little fall bucket list this year too, if you want to see the whole list click here.   

These are my definite faves:

Pumpkin Patch - I'm not talking about picking a pumpkin at the grocery store, or parking lot "patch".  No I'm talking about the real deal, acres of pumpkins at a farm pumpkin patch.  I prefer the places with tons of variety of sizes, shapes and types, like this pic from Anderson Farms earlier this fall.

Football/Soccer Games - Whether it's my nieces and nephews playing, college or pro ball I love that there are so many games to see!  We got to see most of our nieces and nephews play soccer this fall!  You can see one of our nieces about to kick the ball back into the game.  It's so fun to live close to our nieces and nephews and get to see them play sports and stuff!  We also just took my son to his first college football (or actually first ever football game!) this weekend and we had a blast!  You can see my son watching the game! So cute! (Our team even won 37-0!! Woohoo!)

Fall Baking - yes, I classify this as an activity because it is for me and my son loves to help in the kitchen too.  So far we've baked pies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts and cookies....and this cookie in this pic is a new family fave!  I just posted the recipe on my food blog last week check it out if you are interested in a fall inspired delicious treat! (adeliciousmelody.com)

Fall Getaway - We started a new tradition this year and took a quick overnight getaway in mid-September just when fall colors were at their peak in the mountains here.  We stayed in a Yurt at the YMCA of the Rockies-Snow Mountain Ranch.  It was a cheaper way to stay than in a hotel and wasn't as rustic as tent camping.  We will definitely take more blankets and thicker sleeping bags next year because it still got really cold (below freezing) at night and the Yurts don't have heat.  We were right in the middle of the mountains with 360 degree views of all the fall color.  It was amazing.  And of course, getaways are always nice!  Some pics below of my guys and the yurt although I forgot to take pics when we got there so I did when we left which was after I stripped the beds...  And then you can see more fall color with baby J walking around above.  

Scenic Drive - Here in Colorado we have particularly beautiful scenic drives year round but fall is a definite favorite to check out all the color!  We have taken a few already and I think we can squeeze in another before all the leaves fall!  This was in Rocky Mountain National Park.

The Zoo - Granted the Zoo is fun year round but personally I enjoy spring and fall at the Zoo best.  We just went a couple weeks ago and had the best time!  Little J is getting more into seeing the animals and the animals were more active with the mild weather.  It's also nice for the zoo patrons when it is more mild out. :)
Be sure to check out everyone else's favorite fall activities below and go to Kiana or Madeline's blog to sign up for next time if you are interested!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts | Madeline at CaseyLand
Monica at It's All About | Beverly at What a Day | Chelsea at Tessa Marie

2 comments:

  1. I love all of this! Especially the wide open pumpkin patches and fall baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to stay in a Yurt!!!

    ReplyDelete