Wednesday, October 5, 2016

All I have to hold on to

I shared what was on my mind the other day in Even if the healing doesn't come, but I didn't really share my heart on the matter.  I've been surrendering control in different areas of my life recently.  So here's a little glimpse of what that song/line means to me...

Even if the healing doesn't come, and I never get to carry a baby to term in my womb.
     My biggest dream was to be a Mom, and you know what?  I am living it!!  I even get to stay home to be a mom.  We have the sweetest boy and I am SO thankful for him and the opportunity to raise him.  I will never take that for granted.  If we do happen to get pregnant, then it will be a very welcome surprise.  But adoption was our first choice anyway.

Even if the acceptance doesn't come, and I feel rejected by some of the people I long to be closest with...
     I have a great family who is all pretty close now, and a great Church family.  I may never be close with some people but I have so many great people to be thankful for!  Plus, God will never reject me.  In fact, He sent His son to die for us while we were still sinners.  (John 3:16 & Romans 5:8)

Even if the healing doesn't come, and I still feel pretty awful a good chunk of every month.
     Thankful that I still have more good days than bad days.  Thankful for healthcare, Chiropractic care and to live in a country that values health/has to the means to help.

Even if the funding doesn't come, and my son remains an only child.
     While we would like to adopt again, we have no idea what the future holds.  We are very content with our sweet boy, and while we'd love for him to grow up with siblings, at least we live close to his 14 cousins that can help fill that void a bit.

Even if the perfect Presidential Candidate doesn't come forward....
     We still live in America!  We have the right and duty to vote!  We can speak to our reps. and have a voice too.  There may not be a perfect (or even super great option for a) candidate BUT we put out hope in Christ, not in things of this world anyway.  So vote your conscience and pray for our country.

At the end of the day, all I have to hold on to is God and His promises.  I have a husband who is my best friend and love.  I have a Mom who has always been there for me.  And I have a sweet baby boy who is my sunshine.  But all of that doesn't really even compare with the God of the Universe who knows me, who sees me and loves me.  I couldn't do anything to earn His favor BUT he freely gave it when He sent Jesus to die on the cross.  Jesus did it for us.  He paid the price of sin (Rom. 3:23, 6:23) and now we can be with God forever.  That's what I'm choosing to hold on to.  And I will cling to that Old Rugged Cross....

There's still time to enter my book giveaway here!

No comments:

Post a Comment