Wednesday, July 13, 2016

What a difference a year makes

Last night we put on our spots and ears to go out and celebrate Cow Appreciation Day!  Below you'll see the pic of the three of us from last year's CAD (left) and this year's (right).  What a difference a year makes right?  My little guy was just 16 weeks old this time last year and now he's almost 16 months old! I also just need to add that we are SO thankful for Chick-fil-A and all of their generosity throughout the years.  I absolutely enjoyed and loved my time with them!  We love Chick-fil-A!!


This time last year was also when we got and shared some big news, and changes that were coming.  When big changes (or even little changes) happen, it can be hard to see how everything is going to work out, especially when it kind of comes suddenly.  When we got the news of J's new job, we had just one month to get everything tied up, packed up and moved across the country.  We thankfully did have movers who packed a lot, but we had to go through a lot, cull things and go through our entire attic -- trust me, it was HUGE and well utilized...which was a blessing and a curse...

Anyway, a year ago I had just about every emotion running through me.  I was so excited to moveback to Colorado!  So excited to be closer to family again.  So sad to be leaving my friends, co-workers and Church family.  Worried about finding another pediatrician who I liked as well as the one we had in Durham. And just so many questions about a lot of things.

Well, a year later and most of those things have worked themselves out.   Big J loves his job (no surprise there!). We've picked up a lot of friendships pretty much right where they were, which is fun!  We found a great Dr here, who actually does family practice, so little J can see him indefinitely.  Big J and I can also see him, which is convenient.  We still miss our friends and SoDu Church, but we have become members of the Church we used to go to here, again and have such sweet friendships that we've made new and some from before we left.  So thankful for Lifepointe.  We love being closer to family, and just a few months ago my sis and her fam moved back to Colorado from KY, so now almost our entire families live in CO again!!!  Little J gets to grow up around all of his 14 cousins, and that is amazing.

All I can think is, what a difference a year makes.  This time last year my sweet parents had two of their three daughters living far away from home.  And now, we are all within an hour from each other (and our other sis!).  Crazy cool right?

During the time of transition, I meditated on scripture because without my focus on God and Him being in control, I would have gone a little crazy I think.  

Here's one of my faves:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Phil 4:6-8

One last thing.  Would you be brainstorming with us?  Although we are not sure what the timeline for adding another kiddo to our family is (I suppose no one really ever knows, right?) BUT we'd like to start an ongoing fundraiser (likely through etsy or something like that).  What kind of thing or things would you like to see?  I am pretty crafty and also enjoy sewing, but I also don't know how much time I can totally commit to making things.  So right now I'm thinking of something like iron-on transfers or screen printed shirts or totes.  Either with verses, or little sayings on them.  Any ideas?  Thoughts?  I'd love to hear them!  Comment below or shoot me an email at:  JJJourney08@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment