Friday, July 8, 2016

Reflections



As I watched my little boy enjoy his first time at a splash park this morning with one of his cousins, I reflected on a couple of things...

Little kids don't see race.  They just see a kid like them. They may notice if the kid is a boy or girl, the same size or bigger than them, wearing the same color or the same character as them.  They play away and don't fret or even think about skin tone.  They love fiercely and are blunt and honest.  I love little kids.  I wish we were all like them.

It's hard to believe that this little sweetheart of a boy, whom everyone still stops to "ooo and aah" over (where ever we go!) because he is "just so cute", will likely be judged unfairly at some point JUST because his skin is darker.

That makes me so sad, not because I just realized this, but because he deserves better.

Black people deserve better.

We all deserve better.

Praying for our nation.  Weeping with those who weep and mourning with those who mourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment