Tuesday, October 6, 2015

It's final!

So, I'll admit that I've been putting off updating our blog for ....well....three months (as I see that our last post was in July)...for a number of reasons.  Part of it is because I didn't have much to 'update' on.  Part of it is me not wanting to put things in writing (for a variety of reasons). Part of it was just not having the answers I wanted or not taking the time to put things into words.  That being said, this will likely be a pretty big update. :)

We were very thankful to be able to make the move across the country together in Mid-August.  My mom flew out to help me drive without little almost 5 month old while J drove the Jeep with our cat.  J's new job paid for the move and while it was quite an adventure to actually get things packed up (they did most of it) and loaded, it was SO nice to be able to say good bye to our stuff and just drive with a few things and our people in our cars.  

My good friend A. (and former co-worker and Church-mate--is that a word?) came over to our house with her two kids and helped us clean before we left.  What a blessing she  has been to my life.  We ended up getting our ENTIRE deposit (security and pet!) back from our place!  Thanks definitely to A, her kids, my Mom and J for helping me get that place looking better than the day we moved in! :)  Woohoo!

 On our way to Colorado we stopped at my sister's house in KY for a couple of nights and got to have a quick, but lovely visit with her sweet family.  Then we drove the rest of the way without any major issues.  (Lost an oil cap and had a minor oil leak...but all in all the 1700 miles went very smoothly!)  

We arrived in Colorado on a Sunday evening and J started work the very next morning.  Not entirely sure how he did it....but he's amazing (not that I'm partial or anything ;) and has loved every minute of his new job.  Little J and I stayed with my parents for a about a week while we waited for our truck of our belongings to get here.  

Little J was such a trooper on those long days in the car! (Thankfully and my Mom was a huge help!)  Speaking of my Mom being a HUGE help, she's been so helpful helping me unpack things and make our 'house a home'.  We love the townhouse we are renting from friends.  It is on the West side of town which is perfect for hiking, biking (well in a few months when little J can ride in a trailer) adn walking.  J has also been able to ride the bus or his bike to work most of the time which is awesome!  Soemthing he could never safely do while in NC because A. it was not as bike friendly as CO and B. we lived a bit far from campus.  

J is busy setting up his lab and working and really enjoying it.  How many people actually get to do their dream job?  Not many that I know at least.  We are SO thankful for this job, this move, our marriage, our son and our relationship with Christ.  There have been ups and downs these last three months, this calendar year and of course our whole lives.  But there is one aspect that (who) is never changing, and that is our great God.  Which reminds me of many songs, but specially this one right now:  "His love never fails, it never gives up, and it never runs out on me."  So true.  So evident throughout the whole resounding theme of the Bible. (Highlighting a few below.)

He cared for us from the beginning and created each of us unique.  "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13  And he cares so much he even knows the number of hairs we have on our heads. (Luke 12:7)  But after the fall (Genesis) we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23) and the wages for sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. (Rom. 6:23)  He made a way for us to be able to repay Him, and since we never could do enough or be good enough, He sent this Son to pay our debt.  He loved us that much.  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16  For by grace we have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.  Ephesians 2:8

What a beautiful picture of sacrificial love.  So thankful for Jesus and what He has done for us.  

Early this morning the court in NC finalized our adoption.  Little J was placed with us just over 6 months ago, and while there were a few hiccups along the everything really went pretty smoothly, just not quickly.  But, we are SO happy it is final and that today we celebrate our Adoption Day!  Happy, Happy Adoption Day!!!  I got a little cookie cake to celebrate!  We would praise the Lord any way it all ended, but we are SOOO glad that little J is our forever son and we are his forever family.

Sorry for the potentially broken up trains of thought, wanted to try to be real with y'all and update too....hopefully I sort of caught you up on what's happened these last few months.  Needless to say, little J is very loved and has now gotten to meet all of his Grandparents, Great-Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins (minus one) and some of his great-aunts/uncles and second cousins!  Love him to pieces.  So thankful for little J's kind heart, happy disposition and eagerness to learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment