Sunday, October 19, 2014

Only 48 pieces left, and what's been on my heart.

It's been almost two weeks since our last update and now we only have 48 pieces of our puzzle fundraiser left!  Thanks for the generosity!  We have just over $17,000 raised, so assuming we sell the rest of those pieces, continue to save half of each of my paychecks and do Fall/Christmas Photo Sessions we should be set to turn in all of our paperwork on the 1st of December still!

Last week my sweet friend (and boss' wife) gave us their Exer-sacuer (sp?)! just like the one above!  So sweet and generous!  It's so fun to see the nursery come together!  Speaking of our nursery, I made something this week...  I may have mentioned that when my Mom was visiting we found some fabric that we really liked that she is going to make a baby quilt out of!  (She's super talented at quilting, and well a lot of things!)  I really liked the look of the animals so I took pictures of the cute fabric and decided to make wall art for the room.  On my day off this week I bought the canvases and did them!  While they are not perfect, they definitely look a lot like the fabric animals and are quite endearing.  Check them out:
 Artsy pic that I took for instagram and teaser on fb....
Better pic of them all...I have since colored in the elephant's tail after taking the pics btw.  I wasn't going to release them until I had them on the walls, but I thought y'all might like to see them. :)

On Friday night a couple from Church had us over for dinner and games.  We had a great time getting to know them (and their adorable son) better.  During the course of the night our friend commented on how we've been encouraging her by preparing for our baby and getting things ready the way we have because we're doing it as an act of faith, trusting that God will provide the baby that we have prayed for.  It really meant a lot to hear her say that.

And as I continue to reflect on it, it's interesting because there are so many times when I feel like the timeline is taking so much longer than I'd like. (or "Longer than I had planned".) Or that is costs SO much money and we'll never raise it all.  Or that maybe we're wrong and God doesn't want us to raise any children.  Or that this isn't the right timing.  Or a multitude of other things that make me feel like I'm falling short or lacking faith in His perfect plan.  And then Jesse and I go about our business and live life, preparing for this baby that we are confident that God has already chosen for us, midst all those feelings of inadequacy, and we are actually doing it in faith, but not even realizing it necessarily.  What a blessing that God has given us such grace that we have strong enough faith to trust in His plan and He also gives us grace in the moments of waiting too.

Some days I just wish so much that we already had a baby.  Some days I want it so much it hurts.  Other days I go about my work and chores and God helps distract me.  It has been such a roller coaster ride these last few months, and I'm sure we are in for quite a ride coming up once we actually start the whole process.  But it's encouraging to know that our faith and trust is not futile.  We may even encourage others along the way.  God gave us this desire to be parents and He will see it through to completion.  It may not be our timing but it will be His.  And what better timing is there than perfect timing? :)

Prayer requests below.  Thanks for praying with us!
-For us to make it to $20,000 raised before turning in paperwork.
-For time to complete paperwork well before our deadline.
-For our marriage--that we draw closer to God and each other.
-For the rest of the money needed for our adoption to be provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment