Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Yard Sale and more...

So, we now have 143 puzzle pieces left to sell.  I was really touched this week when we got a note with a check in the mail that said that each member of their family was getting a piece.  This is one of the families we first me when we moved out here 4 years ago.  We've gotten to know them and their sweet kiddos, and they each wanted to be a part of our story.  So sweet.  Brings tears to my eyes right now.  Thank you, thank you to everyone who has contributed to our puzzle fundraiser!

We've decided on a date for a Yard Sale and it's coming up quickly!  It will be Saturday August 23rd at least in the morning (if not the afternoon).  I'm thinking of making a facebook event about it, but if you are interested in checking out what we have to sell just message me and I will get you our address! :)

We're still tinkering with the idea of having a pancake breakfast or spaghetti dinner or something to raise support....but then I was talking with a friend who suggested something we're really excited about: having a Spirit Night at our local Chick-fil-A!  What do you think about that?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was wondering if somehow you could do a fund raiser in conjunction with Chick Fil A. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really thought of it until that friend brought it up the other day! I think it's a great idea too! :)

      Delete