Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Progress

We've had a pretty busy but good summer so far.  We had an opportunity to take a one night getaway for our 6th Wedding Anniversary in June, which was fabulous.  Then I got to go back to Colorado for just over a week to visit family!  I got to see most of our whole family, which was such a blessing!  I also got to do some photo sessions with family when I was there AND with my bestie from college and her hubby on their beautiful family farm!  Check out facebook.com/wilsongphotography for sneak peeks or to book a session!  I got back from CO and the hubs headed out to a conference in NH.  (Similar thing happened last year! ha!)  

Anyway,  we've been so blessed by family, friends and of course our jobs -- and I'm happy to let you know that we are 35% of the way to our goal of fundraising before we can actually start the adoption process!!!!!  Now, if you look at the ticker and think you see a different (and lower) total than before, you are right.  So, while we have actually saved and raised more money, we've also slightly altered our goal (from 30,000 to 23,000) due to the fact that we're pretty confident that either: a) we'll qualify and receive a zero-interest loan or grant in the amount of the tax credit or b) God will provide us another means to raise the remaining $7,000 after we actually start the home study and rest of the process.  

Needless to say, we're excited.  Still very excited for this whole journey.  Some parts of me wish that it wasn't so expensive, or that there wasn't so much paperwork or such a lengthy process for adoptions. 

But then, I'm reminded that we, too were adopted.  When God adopted me as a daughter, it was not because of anything I did and it came at a great personal cost to Him.  

Here's Ephesians 1:4-10
"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."

So, when you think about it that way, the whole adoption process seems like a piece of cake.  Well, maybe I wouldn't go that far, BUT, it does give a beautiful picture and some good perspective.

I've also been reminded in the last few months since we decided to go ahead with adoption now (instead of after we already have biological children), and then announced it, is that God is always in control.  He's in control of every detail of everything from the water in the sea, to the rocks on the mountains, to the hairs on my head.  He even knows how many ounces of water there are in the sea and the number of hairs on my head!  Crazy huh?  Crazy cool, to think that our God who is infinite in Power and Might, is also loving and full of mercy and grace.  He's orchestrated/ing the details of our lives to fit into His eternal plan.  And, I'm just so thankful for all the support that I have from our Father in Heaven, friends, family and of course my sweet hubby for this journey of adoption on our journey of life!

I've been trying to meditate on this scripture a lot lately too:

My life verse, which is Philippians 4:8.
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

3 comments:

  1. It would be great if you could get a 0% interest loan. I'm so excited & can't wait until you little bundle of joy gets here!!!

    ReplyDelete