Monday, February 24, 2014

The Journey to Become J Cubed

I know I said I was going to announce this last week...but I had to wait until our families had all gotten in the know!  So here it is!

You may already know that J and I have always wanted to have children, both biologically and through adoption.  While we are not sure if infertility is an issue, the Lord has led us to start pursuing adoption soon.  We realize this may come as a surprise to some of you, but even before J and I met we each wanted to adopt.  There are so many children in the world, and even in America, without homes and families.  So we would like to take one or two of those children into our loving forever home.  We’re so excited to start this journey too!

I met with a dear friend (who is also my boss' wife), who has both personally adopted as well as helped others adopt, to seek guidance with agencies, etc in the area.  We already completely a “Pre-adoption assessment” to get ball rolling.  We have a heart for adopting Domestically we are open to wherever the Lord leads us, and know that it may take over a year until we get to bring our child home.  So patience is indeed a virtue yet again!  (We have not yet chosen an adoption agency or completed the home study but hope to have those done before summer gets here.)

We covet your prayers and support as we prepare to become parents, for our child(ren) who is(are) likely not born yet and for the birthmother(s).  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

With Love,
us

No comments:

Post a Comment