Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 things to do before I'm 30

So, I have just under 2.5 years until I turn 30.  So I decided to come up with a few (30) goals of things to do before I'm 30 years old.  I can't guarantee I can get them all done, but without writing them down I have no chance!  So here they are, some are bigger things and some are smaller...and they are in no particular order really.  :)

I actually started this list back in April after my birthday...and only could come up with 5 or items.  So now it's November and I still can't complete the list...but it's getting there.  I will just add as I think of things.  :)  And if you have any ideas, you should let me know!

1.  Visit Washington DC for the first time.  Completed May 2011.
2.  Climb a 14er.
3.  Do karaoke.
4.  Visit Disney World while living in NC.  (It's only about 8 hours away!)
5.  Regularly go to Farmer's Markets for produce.
6.  Take a cooking class.
7.  Run a half marathon.  (Or at least complete it.)
8.  Make Thanksgiving dinner from scratch, either on Thanksgiving or another day.
9.  Sell a piece of artwork.  Several times on Etsy, in person, etc.
10.  Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  (My sister gave them to me a few years ago and I still haven't actually seen them...with the except of falling asleep my sophomore year of college during the first movie.  So I think it's time to actually see what they are all about!:)
11.  Take a dance class with the hubs.  (We took a tango class when we were dating and had a blast!  Love to do it again!)
12.  Take an Anniversary trip, probably to the mountains.  Beach mini vacay, June 2012
13.  Go climbing outdoors.
14.  Hike in the mountains of NC.   April 14, 2012 Grandfather Mountain NC
15.  Walk/run/swim 3-5 times a week.
16.  Run a 5 k.
17.  Run a 10k.
18.  Sing with a band.
19.  Go to more Durham Bulls games.  (lots last summer, already 2 this summer with 2 more that we have tix to!)
20.  Learn more about the game of baseball.  Still learning but I know more now that i have before.
21.  Blog everyday for a month.  Pic blogs without words ok.
22.  Visit Wilmington's downtown. June 2012.
23.  Visit Asheville.
24.  Drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. (especially to see viaduct) April 2012
25.  Visit Mapleview Creamery, and eat ice cream on their porch.
26.  Watch Bull Durham.
27.  Start learning to play the Violin.
28.  Play more guitar with hubs. :)
29.  Start and hopefully finish my Scotland Scrapbook.
30.  Take on more voice students and become member of Nats.

1 comment: