Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 days of thanks

As you are aware, it's already November!  How can that really be?!?  I don't know...but alas 'tis true.  Since it is the month of Thanksgiving, I am going to verbalize to my hubby and friends on facebook one thing each day for which I am thankful.  I am thankful for so many things in my life, and I want highlight and pray about a different one each day this month.  But I also want to give God the glory and praise for each of these things, because I am thankful to Him for all He has blessed me with.

So, then I can come into this time of year with a thankful heart!  It wasn't originally my idea though.  So don't give me the credit, I've seen several people do this type of thing on facebook over the years.  If you'd like to join in either by blogging about it or putting up statuses feel free!  Spread the thankful heart!

Reminds me of one of my all time favorite songs...Give thanks...

"Give thanks with a grateful heart.  Give thanks unto the holy one.  Give thanks, because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son...And now, let the weak say "I am strong", let the poor say "I am rich" because of what the Lord has done for us.  Give Thanks."

BTW I will try to update this post daily this month ...


Day 1:  My best friend and hubby J.
Day 2:  My job.
Day 3:  Thankful for a place to call home, with virtually every convenience possible.
Day 4:  Thankful for 2 reliable vehicles.
Day 5:  Thankful for sunny days.  (Especially after a bunch of gloomy ones...and the sunny ones remind me of Colorado which makes me happy!:)
Day 6:  Thankful to live in America.
Day 7:  Thankful for law enforcement officers.  It's such a dangerous job, and I'm so glad they do it!
Day 8:  Thankful for firefighters.  The ones who willingly run into burning buildings to save lives.
Day 9:  Thankful for Paramedics, EMTs and 911 dispatch. 
Day 10:  Thankful for the CIA, FBI and state BIs. 
Day 11:  Thankful for Veterans, Soldiers and their families. 
Day 12:  Thankful I always have enough food to eat. 
Day 13:  Thankful for our Church and the great fellowship we have there every Sunday! 
Day 14:  Thankful for Jesse's job. Also thankful he gets to do what he loves. :) 
Day 15:  Thankful to have plenty of clothes and warm coats. 
Day 16:  Thankful for music. :) Don't honestly know what my life would be like without it!
Day 17:  Thankful for rain.
Day 18:  Thankful for great friends.
Day 19:  Thankful for my Grandparents and all of my extended family.
Day 20:  Thankful for my in-laws.
Day 21:  Thankful for all of my beautiful and sweet Nieces and Nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment