Monday, August 29, 2011

So much to be thankful for...

I have so much I want to write here, but somehow it's already 11:09pm here and I am tired and at a loss for words.  (And great at run-on sentences tonight too...:)

So, I will let my words be few.  Here are a few pics from our trip (yes, another one) to the Duke Gardens yesterday after Church for a picnic!  We ran into my husband's sister's husband's best man from their wedding  (who lives in NC as well) at the Gardens too, which was nice to see him and his family.


Oh and I almost forgot to mention that they were giving away free tadpoles at the garden shop at Duke gardens.  So we brought home a couple.  I will post pics of their cute little set up soon.  :)

We thankfully didn't receive any damage or power outages from Hurricane Irene that ripped up the East Coast a couple days ago.  I have however made a shop on Cafepress with some items saying "I survived....an Earthquake and Hurricane in the same week."  I am donating some of the proceeds of the "I survived..." items directly to Hurricane victims.  So check out our shop here:  http://www.cafepress.com/J2Journey


On to the pics...

Sunbathing turtles. :)

Oh Day Lilies how I love thee.

So pretty...and random...and reminds me of fireworks and the 4th of July. :)

Anyone know what type of flower this is?  Sure is purdy...but funny how it hangs....

No comments:

Post a Comment