Monday, August 8, 2011

PTL

A lot has happened in the last week...so here's some of what happened...

 Last Tuesday I found out that the store I work at is going to be having a lot of good changes happening, and some already have!  When they sat us down for the meeting I got a little nervous that we might be losing our jobs or something...but as it turns out it's all great news for our store and the future of it!!  :)  PTL!

Then on Friday J finished his fellowship proposal and turned it in, even though it wasn't due until today.  They make these grants/fellowships pretty hard to apply for, but it was no match for my hubby.  He read every last word and detail and got it (and all the necessary info including letter of rec, etc.) together ahead of the deadline, which is apparently unheard of.  So kudos to him!  :)  If J gets this fellowship/grant it would mean that we would be here for another 3 years starting in April.  And getting this would also be a huge asset on his resume and would make it easier to be able to go back to CO when he's done with his Postdoc here. :)  PTL

And yesterday, I got to lead Worship, and also sing a solo, at our Church while the Worship Minister is on vacation.  It was such an honor to be able to lead Worship at Church.  I can hardly even put it into words.  I've never led a whole congregation all by myself before, and it was just an awesome way to be able to lift our voices to the Lord.  I sang Starry Night (by Chris August) as the solo and just love the lyrics.  Here are some below:

I'm giving my life to the only one who makes the moon reflect the sun, every starry night, that was His design.
I'm giving my life to the only son who was and is and is to come, so let the praises ring, cause He's everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment