Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring really has arrived

Well, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before...but it's definitely spring here in NC!  And we're SO glad!  The flowers are beautiful here.  You know, this is our first spring, so we were curious to find out what it would be like.  The end of summer was hot.  The fall was hot.  The winter was warm, cool and cold.  And now the spring has been full of cool and warm temps.  An interesting thing about this part of the country, is that some flowers bloom all year...well, there are always some blooming....somewhere around.  It's rather exciting.  But spring has definitely sprung and wow is it gorgoeus!  :) 

 Some tulips

 This is another tulip called the "double fringed tulip" and it's sure interesting, huh?

 I think I may have found my new favorite bloom though.....  wysteria, and it's everywhere....and beautiful. :)


My Mom is visiting (yea!!!!) so we naturally had to take her to the Duke Gardens and they sure didn't dissappoint us at all!  :)  I just <3 Spring!!  Oh, and I think I failed to mention that we recently found (and purchased) a car!  So we no longer have to share one!  PTL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment