Monday, January 10, 2011

So many things...

J gave his first talk (at his Post Doc) on Friday.  He put a lot of work into it, and it paid off because it went really well.  (So I heard...I didn't see it or anything.)  So that's a relief to have done!  :)

I have been settling back into life on this side of the Mississippi.  I've again been applying {like crazy} to all the jobs I can, and praying that God's will be done in that situation.  I've also started to toss around the idea of going back for my Masters again.  So, if you have any thoughts on that for me...please do tell.  :)  And no...I'm not sure what I'd like to do it in...which is part of the problem.  Also the fact that I'm not sure I'd actually like to go to school anymore...at least at this point...

Anyway, if I did I think it would either be for something like...

~Music, because it is/was my passion and what my Bachelor's is in.

~School Counseling, because it's something I always wanted to do, and I did a minor in Sociology/Psychology.

~Teaching, because even though Subbing was really hard at time, I like teaching and know it would be a lot better to be a regular classroom teacher than just a sub.  (To be honest, I would love to be a Kindergarten teacher...best of all worlds with teaching, crafts, music and games in the same room...)

So the first option are the more creative side of me talking....but to be honest I'm not sure how practical that would be.  And then there are the two that have to do with schools, which would automatically make them more flexible for things like when we have children, etc....so...yeah.  I don't even know what I'd want to Graduate School for, let alone if we could afford it, etc....so....

I guess it's just a thought for now.  I suppose only time will tell.  I did get to thinking again that this is probably the best time in my life to do something like getting my masters.  We don't have kids yet, we're in a state that just so happens to have tons of options within about 45 minutes of where we live for colleges, and well, I'm still young with my whole life ahead of me.  So yeah.  I'm thinking about it.  And dreaming about it.  And of course, praying about it.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think this would be a great time for you to go back to school & get your Master's. I'll be praying for God's guidance in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete