Sunday, December 19, 2010

Life, Party and a Tree

So, today was a pretty monumental day for us.  I don't know how mush I will {should} discuss...but just know that God is working in us, and we're settling into our life.  (No that doesn't mean someone will make an appearance in less than a year either.)  I just mean, God is good.  So very good.  :)

Anyway, today was my hubby's Boss' Christmas Party!  It was at his {very nice} house that's out in a --big surprise-- forested area a little ways outside of town.  I think there were a total of about 40 people there, including some kiddos.  We had a great time and got to connect with quite a few of the grad students and their spouses that J works with.  So that was cool.  :)

J's boss and his wife, are super nice and it was great to chat with them a little more too.  Although, truth be told I'm not sure we ever really got to speak with the boss man, he was being SO sweet by serving everyone punch and coffee the whole time!  But J and I both had a nice talk with the boss' wife, so that was nice!  The food was good and plentiful, and the company was nice.

You know something interesting about North Carolina though.  They are really into their Christmas trees.  I think most people do "real" ones and I suppose that's not too surprising because NC is the Christmas Tree Capital of the World or something like that.  Or, they at least are one of the top producers...(makes sense with all the trees e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.)  Anyway, people here are so particular about their trees though, AND opinionated AND vocal.  Just today we had several instances where people were saying how having a real tree is the only way to do it...and you should at least have two or three every year.... So....did I miss something?  Excuse me?  I thoguht this was America, where we have a choice in matters like that.  So yeah, I will keep my pre-lit artificial tree that I don't have to water, AND I don't risk loosing my favorite ornaments every year!  Take that tree killers!  :)  haha

OK, I don't really care that much.  I'm just joking.  But really, since when did it become a thing to get all riled up about?  It's a tree.  It's a tree we light up and decorate.  It's a tree we put presents beneath.  It's a tree.  Real or fake.  It doesn't really matter.  But hey, have you ever heard of a Chrismon Tree?  It's pretty interesting...  :)

1 comment:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete