Saturday, November 20, 2010

We did it!!!!!

We ran our very first ever 5k this morning!  :)  We paced ourselves well and got to sprint right through the finish line!  I'm not gonna lie though.  It was really fun.  More fun that I thought it would be.  The finish line was such a rush, especially because there was a crowd cheering us on, and they called out our names as we finished.  It was cool.  I feel like we accomplished it.  We did it!  

I know it was just a 5k, but still, we set a goal 7 weeks ago and carried it out till today!  We certainly weren't the fastest, but we also weren't the slowest either!  We had a goal going into it today that we'd finish the 3.1 miles in 45 minutes. (or about 4 mph jogging pace)  It turns out we beat that time by just a little bit!  We came in at 44:19! :)  So, now we have a starting point for next time we do a 5k and how much we need to train to shave off some time!  I'm just so glad we did it!  

We signed up to run it as a recreational run (as opposed to competitive) which was nice to take some pressure off.   There were around 1200 runners today which really seemed like a good group of people.  It was nice for our first one to not be a humongous one like in a big city!  And of course, I got to wear my sweet SparkleSkirt and we wore our team shirts! :)

We got free Chic-Fil-A sandwiches, bananas and Gatorade after we finished too, which was pretty great too. Actually, I think those were the best sandwiches EVER!  :)  Here are some pics from today...
Here's what our shirts we got look like.  Cute huh?
Here's the Turkey, who actually did run the race!  Funny?  I think so.  :)  I bet he was HOT in that costume and jacket! 
 Ready to start! 
 After the race and just about to our jeep.  I think our shirts worked out nicely!  :)
 Fall colors.  :)

Anyway, I think we can actually call ourselves runners now.  :)  Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing fall colors!! I'm so proud of you both!! What was the temperature at the time of the race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh, and the shirts are really cute, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! I think it was around 45-50degrees out when we did the race. Pretty cold...but I get SO hot running, even in that outfit. It really was perfect weather though! :)

    ReplyDelete