Friday, November 5, 2010

Results of the MRI

Alright, I got the results to my MRI.  I actually got them late yesterday, but wanted to digest the info and look at the images with my hubs.  :)  My sweetie also took me out to dinner since it'd been a long day (and week).  We managed to find a Texas Roadhouse in North Durham, and had an excellent dinner there last night.  Love that place.

I'm still SO surprised that I already got the results!  But I am so glad! :)   Ok, on to the results!  Everything is normal.  So the good news is:  my brain (and everything in my head) is fine!!!  While the bad news is:  we still have no idea what is causing the chronic headaches.... 

At least we can cross a few more things off the list, and those are the more serious ones that we can cross off.  But still...no definitive answer.  In fact, we may never have one.  I'm still trying to keep my chin up though.  I'm confident God is in control, and I'll just have to hang on tight for the ride. 

I suppose I need to focus on dietary things like headache triggers and also my stress levels for the next month or so till my follow-up appointment with my Dr. 

Oh and did I mention that the pictures of my brain are amazing?  I really can't get enough of them.  MRI's are so cool because they show all the tissue and stuff, but not really the bone.  It's so detailed that I can tell the profile is mine because of my nose.  And I can tell it's me because of the scars from my ear piercings.  (I have three on one side and two on the other.)  Cool huh?  Ok....maybe I'm too amused by them...  ;)

Hope everyone is doing well.  I really do want to thank you for all the kind words, thought and prayers throughout these last few days.  :)  Hope you have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well that is a relief! Really! Not knowing the trigger stinks, but at least there is nothing wrong with your noggin'!

    So are you thinking food allergies?

    Have you considered a chiropractor? I can't remember if I asked you that already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't exactly what the next step the Doc will take...and I don't have a follow-up appt. till next month. :/ I think he'll want to look into food allergies, etc. as well as stress and stuff though.

    You know, I hadn't thought of a chiropractor. I will have to look into that to find more info. Have you had luck with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad all is okay! Hopefully you can still find what's causing the headaches though! Have you tried keeping a record of when you get them and foods you're eating, things going on, etc? Maybe that would kind of point to certain triggers? Maybe accupuncture might be something to try to?

    ReplyDelete