Thursday, November 4, 2010

MRI--Check

I had my MRI at 7:00am this morning.  I'm SO relieved it's over!  Now it's just the waiting game for finding out the results.  They did however give me a CD of all the images of my brain.  So that's been amusing to look at, and hard to try not to decipher!....but I'm trying to be a good girl and just wait for the Professionals to get back to me. :)  Oh and:  this is why I got the MRI and what I found out about my eyes yesterday.

Anyway, the Dr. just scheduled my MRI for 7am this morning.  I don't think I would have chosen to have it that early...but it worked out SO well because J could go there with me!  :)  We left our place at about 6am and headed over to the Hospital.  We made it to the parking lot around 6:30 and made our way to the Radiology Department.  All the while it was raining pretty steadily--quite fitting right?  ;)

I had to fill out some paperwork once I checked in and since J was going to be in the room with me, he had to fill some out too.  We got taken back right at about 7 and put our things in a locker.  (Since nothing metal can be in the room with the MRI (large magnetic imaging device).  Then we were sent to a room with lots of medical supplies, vitals and things in it.  After sitting there for a few moments a nice nurse came in and was asking me more questions. 

Then another nurse came in and sat right next to me.  She asked which arm I wanted to use.  And since I wasn't aware of the fact I'd be having an IV, I just assumed she needed to draw some blood.  So I said, "you can use either arm to draw the blood".  Then she informed me (gently) that I was going to have an IV.  *YIKES* I thought...but after a failed attempt near my elbow, she followed my advice for doing it in my hand.  (Which is the only place I've ever had an IV...well, I'd only ever had an IV once before today which was back in '95 when I had a tonsilectomy.)

So, then it was on to the actual MRI....it looked something like this below to my delight.  It was made in 2005 (I noticed the year on the sticker) and it's a newer style of MRI machine, which is a short bore.  And, the even better part is that I didn't have to ever go in it all the way.  Since they were just imaging my brain, they just centered my head under the center of the machine.  So, I was only in it up to my waist.  --Big relief!!!!--  And, J got to stand right by me the whole time, and he held my leg.  Sweet huh? :)   The imaging only took about 20 minutes altogether.  (With the images and breaks, and break to insert to contrasting dye, etc...)  And, I got to wear the clothes I wore there, which were completely metal free.   So glad I didn't have to wear a gown.  :)
So, by about 8:05 or so, we were out the door with the CD of all my brain images in hand.  Pretty sweet right?  :)  Now, I just don't know how long it will take to actually get the reports from the images they took today....but I can sure rest assured that I made it through the MRI itself and that they didn't find anything SO bad that they had to do surgery right away!  God is in control and I'll rest in that.  :)  Thanks for all the prayers.  I really appreciate it!

Oh and afterwards we stopped at Dunkin Donuts Cupcakes to get some breakfast.  ;)   So apparently I really do like donuts afterall....perhaps that is why I accidentally said that on Tuesday....

No comments:

Post a Comment