Monday, November 8, 2010

Grateful

You know, we had another great whole weekend.  I just realized today, we really always do!  We are so grateful for our new place to explore, new friends, new Church and new found life together so far from home.  :)  I know I already blogged about the wedding we had the opportunity to attend on Saturday afternoon/evening, but we also did other things this weekend I didn't talk about.

Our friends C & T had us over for dinner on Friday night, and we had a great time.  T cooked again, and it was fantastic.  Then the four adults played Balderdash until the wee hours of the morning!  And we had SO much fun.  You know, you really get to know people better playing that game.  I still love it...although I had a bit of an off night...because T beat us all!  lol  :)

Saturday morning J and I went for our big weekly run and it went really well....even though it was pouring freezing cold rain!  We were tough though and just ran through it!  I even impressed myself really!  Next time I will wear another shirt though, because I did get rather cold in my soaking wet long sleeved t-shirt.  You live and you learn though right?!?

We spent the rest of Saturday getting some things done before heading off to the wedding.  Speaking of the wedding again, here's what I put together for a gift.  The did register for things, but not many things were left...and the things that were left were far out of our price range.  So, I put together a "game night" date at home kit.  
I really like the way it turned out.  We got a couple of these types of gifts for our wedding and they were some of our faves!  Anyway, I put some special Japanese sodas, popcorn, candy, and three different games.  The best part about gifts like this, is that you can customize to their tastes, your tastes or your budget super, super easily!  :)

Anyway, we also had a good Sunday at Church in the morning, a nap in the early afternoon, getting some things done during the rest of the afternoon and a bonus choir rehearsal in the evening.  So we had quite a full weekend of things, but also got some time to relax and enjoy the cooler fall weather.  It's been unseasonably cool here lately...like 15 degrees cooler than normal.  But it's all good.  :)  At least it's not 90+ anymore!

We really are so blessed to have so many great people in our lives, near and far!  :)  That includes you!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment