Saturday, November 6, 2010

A fall wedding

You know, I just love weddings.  They are so happy.  So fun.  So great!  You know what I mean?  Pretty dresses.  Tuxedos.  Flowers.  Gifts overflowing on the gift table.  Laughter.  Tears.  Joy.  And most importantly, the beautiful Bride and her Groom.  It all just makes me happy and smile. :)  Ok...anyway, we got to a wedding this afternoon/evening. 

You're probably wondering just where this wedding was because we just moved here...but yep it was in NC!  In fact it was for one of J's co-workers and he and his fiance were totally on the ball on inviting us to their wedding just one short month after we moved here.  Isn't that super nice?  I was impressed.  :)

The wedding took place at the Rand Bryan House in Garner, NC which is just outside the capital of Raleigh.  It's this beautiful house that was built around the turn of the century (if I remember right) and is SUPER cute!  The actual Ceremony took place outside the house and the Reception was inside. 

The only thing that wasn't quite perfect was the fact that is was about 45 degrees at 3:30 this afternoon when the Ceremony happened.  Wowsers....that's chilly when you are sitting in a folding chair on some soggy grass in a "little black dress" (that's not so little, but you know what I mean...) and the wind is blowing.  Luckily J and I brought our pretty-weatherproof jackets with us!  I had mine on and his over and around my legs, and was still chilly.  And so was every other woman there, including the bridesmaids and the poor bride.  There bare shoulders just made me shiver looking at them. 

Regardless, it was a beautiful, sweet and thankfully short ceremony!  :)  Then we got to go inside or some appetizers and "cocktails" which consisted of wine, beer or pop and we chose pop.  There was also thankfully, seating chart!  So we got to sit at a table with three other co-workers and their wives (which seems obvious I know....) and luckily it was the ones who are all Dr's too.  Not that I have anything against grad students...it's just nice to be around other people than them. 

Dinner was served around 5 and it was great too!  I had the asparagus stuffed chicken while Jesse had some of that and some London broil.  They also had salad, twice baked potatoes and broccoli which were also very good!   Then dancing, toasting, cake cutting and more dancing followed.  We even "tore up" the dance floor a bit. (According to the groom...embarrassing?!?!?  I think so! :/  ) 

We did get to talk to the bride and groom a little bit and then we were off to get home.  I still can't get used to it getting dark so early...and tomorrow it will be even worse because of daylight savings time.  lol  I suppose I will get used to it soon again...I just don't know how we are going to like having to run in the dark.  :/  

Anyway, thanks for reading and all the support these last few days.  :)  Sorry I seem to have rambled quite a bit again...and also managed to not get a single pic of this wedding.  It was beautiful though.....  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice time at the wedding & reception!! Funny that the groom thought you were tearing up the dance floor...btw, it was sunny & warm in the 60's here... :)

    ReplyDelete