Monday, October 25, 2010

North Carolina State Fair: III

Check out part I here, and part II here of our weekend at the State Fair.

We got to go to the Darius Rucker concert on Saturday night!  It was fantastic!!  Seriously.  He's a great entertainer...but I guess that makes sense because he's been doing this for over 20 years!  :)  He even played some Hootie songs which was cool!  And of course he sang stuff from his solo country career!!  It was a sold out show, and a much smaller venue than a lot that J and I have been to before!!  It was great!!  I took a lot of pics so I could get some decent ones....so here's a few...  :)  

First song and sweet lighting.

Tap, tap, tap.

We could get up from our seats to try to get a better pic...turns out I had better luck with my zoom from my seat!  LOL  But here's one from closer to the stage.  :)

He made an effort to sing to everyone in the venue.  I love it when they do that!
Some cute music on the screens.  :)

Darius did two encores too!  Yep, you read it right....not one encore, but two!!  Cool huh?!?
We had such a great day at the fair, and this concert was an awesome end to it!!!  Turns out this was a record year for the state fair in NC too!!  There were over 1million people in attendance over the 10 days!  Wow!  That's a lot of people!  I'm so glad we got to go to a State Fair finally, and I'm glad we had a safe, fun and exciting time while we were there!!!  :)

Oh....and I didn't even mention that since it was SO busy on Saturday we had to park a couple miles away from the fairgrounds.  The lot (or actually it was a field) was free parking, and they also had a free shuttle to the grounds.  There were a lot of people who parked there, and subsequently had to wait in line for the shuttles, but it only took a half an hour to get to our shuttle and then it was a hop, skip and jump to the grounds.  Then we had a great day and hopped back on a shuttle to get back to our car.  And at 11pm or so we got home...and hardly had to deal with any traffic because we parked away from the fair!  So that was nice!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good experiene at the State Fair. Your photo was fantastic, I'm sorry it didn't place.

    ReplyDelete