Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here

Well, I was looking forward to writing an upbeat post about our lives today.  But, with some breaking news that is happening in North Carolina I find it hard to write as if life were normal. 

We're doing great.  I realize I am not as thankful as I should be though.  We're healthy.  Even though I don't have a job, we're making ends meet somehow.  We live in a good neighborhood, have a nice place to call "home" and always have food to put on the table.  We have a great family, and even though most of them are far away, we know that they are only a phone call away. 

I guess, I'm spoiled.  I've always had more than enough food.  I've always had shelter, lots of love and people around to protect me.

I guess I really have taken it for granted.  Maybe I was thinking that everyone has it so good or something.

But the reality of it is...that not everyone is so well off.  Some people don't have somewhere to live.  Some have to choose which bill gets paid this month.  Some don't even have anyone who know they exsist. 

And some, some have people they call family and...bad things happen.  I mean, some people aren't safe at home with their "so called" family.  It's just so sad.  I wish I could just adopt all those kids, and make them feel loved.

Have you heard about the case of the missing girl in NC?  Well, she was reported missing on Saturday....but as more details come out of the investigation the Amber Alert has been changed to a Homicide Investigation. 

This just saddens me. 

This poor little innocent 10 year old girl, who had her whole life ahead of her, is now not even considered missing, but dead.

How can people really be so cruel? And mean? And horrible?  I mean, I know that we live in a fallen world.  And I know that I am by no means perfect.  But...it just is so sad.  All I can do is pray.  So that's what I've been doing. 

Maybe they will somehow find her alive and well....and even if they don't, I just pray they find out who did this and justice is served.

I'm sorry this is not an uplifting post.  I just don't see a point in "putting on a happy face" and writing something happy...when that's not the way I feel right now.  I'm sad.  I'm thankful.  I'm contemplative.

2 comments:

  1. A blog is such a wonderful platform for expressing one's ideas and beliefs as well as a great way to vent one's emotions through the written word. Your blog doesn't always need to be uplifting, it just always needs to be from the heart. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! Thanks! Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete