Saturday, October 30, 2010

Colors and a walk in the park

So today we drove to the park where our 5k is going to be in a few weeks.  It's just a short drive from where we live, and it was such a beautiful drive to the park....here's a view from the car. You can only see a glimpse of just how pretty it's becoming here from all the changing colors...but trust me.  It's pretty!  :)  In fact, this is when it's nice having SO many trees e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e! 
 Anyway, the course is nice and mostly flat.  Not that anything is actually flat around here...or anywhere really.  But it's a nice course that somewhat goes around a lake.  The path is paved and wide enough for 4 people most of the length.  The park was fairly busy today too with people rollerblading, biking, running, walking, speed walking, lounging, play baseball, etc....  We had a good run today too, which is good because we didn't quite get all our work outs in this week.  (We were gone 3 of the last 4 nights and busy 4 of the last 4.)  But today went well, and we're still improving so that's always good! 

Oh!!!!  And I got my SparkleSkirt in the mail yesterday and got to test it out today!  I wanted to make sure I had the right leggings to work with it while running.  Turns out it was good to test my leggings out...because they were annoying...so I am going with another pair next time.  Anyway, I can't believe how fast I got my skirt, and it really is as adorable as it looked online!!!  :)
While we were running at the lake we noticed one woman stopping to look at something.  It turns out she was watching these turtles.  So we stopped for a few pics too.  Aren't they cute?!?!?

Beautiful changing colors, spending time with my sweet hubby and seeing fun little turtles really just made our run, a walk in the park!  So hopefully we'll be thinking that in a few weeks too! ! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures!! I'm glad you are enjoying your time there. I know it is hard to be away from home, but I'm thrilled that you are making the most of your time in a really unique state!!!!!

    ReplyDelete