Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The view from here

Well, I just realized I hadn't actually posted an update on our lives for a while. So here it is. :)

J (aka the "Rocket Scientist") is really enjoying his new job. He gets laser time, time advising/helping grad students and time learning from guest lecturers, his colleagues and his new boss. He's busy learning a lot of new things about his research and just what he'll be doing during his time here. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than I'm saying...in fact I know there is, but I won't go on with details. The important thing is that he's l.o.v.i.n.g. his new job! :)

He's also still busy at home with getting things set up/organized in his study and around the place. In addition to that he is doing some work on papers (soon to be publications) from his old job.

As for me, I'm still looking for a job. I had an interview at a local coffee shop last week that went well, but it turns out the hours would work for me. At least I had an interview though! And it went well! So that's always a good experience! :) I'm currently thinking of pursuing a dream that I have had for a while now...so I may let you know what that is depending how that works out. :) But I am going to hold off for a while.

I'm keeping busy still organizing things around our new place, looking for jobs, working on pursuing that dream, being the resident foodie and of course playing with our sweet little kitty. Oh, I'm also looking into taking some sort of craft class around here. (Maybe cake decorating, quilting or scrapbooking....) It would give me a chance to acquire some new/additional skills and also a chance to meet some people.

We haven't found a Church home yet, but are still hopeful. Although we had a great experience at the first Church we visited here, we didn't have a great experience at the second one. In fact, we both just left disappointed and disheartened. The sermon was great, but nobody talked to us the entire time we were there. No one greeted us. No one said boo. Weird...and no wonder non-Christians don't like going to Church. Anyway, we are visiting a different Church this weekend and we are hoping for a better experience. :)

So, overall things are going really well here! We have had our North Carolina Driver's Licenses for a couple weeks and will be getting the plates for the Jeep soon. J's enjoying his job and I'm keeping busy. Our kitty loves the bigger place to run around and play. And NC's climate isn't as bad as we thought it'd be. In fact, for the most part we are getting used to it. (Although the air quality has been bad for the last three days (so that's not good at all for my asthma)...so hopefully it won't always be that way!) We're looking forward to the long weekend, and hope you are all doing well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment