Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Probably TMI but it's my life. (And hopefully somewhat entertaining!)

Alright, I'll be the first to admit it's been way too long since my last post.  Ok, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration...but still.  It has been a while.  Especially since last week I decided to start blogging faithfully everyday.  Perhaps that was too big of a goal.....

Moving right along. I hope you all had a great weekend!  We really didn't.  It wasn't a total disaster...but, just wasn't the greatest.  You see, my Rocket Scientist is working on two papers from his previous job, so he's been devoting a lot of his time at home to that anyway.  And, he found out on Saturday that his boss wants to see one of the papers as soon as possible.  I could go into many more details about it all, but I won't.  Just know that it's all been a process, as those theoretical and technical writings always are!

Then as for me, I caught some sort of horrible virus last week (apparently) and came down pretty ill on Friday afternoon/evening.  It started as a migraine and fever, which I didn't think too much of.  Then I woke up Saturday feeling like I had been *literally* run over by a bus.  Not in the cute cartoony type of way either, where they pop back up from being flattened like a pancake.

I felt:  Awful. Dreadful. Horrible. Bad. and Sick.  Aches all over, bad headache, fever that was only rising...the list went on.  So, I spent most of the day in sweats in our living room chilling out with my computer.  In hindsight, I should have just tried to sleep that day...or at least just watched lots and lots of tv and movies.  But instead I was productive and reformatted a lot of things on my computer, and rearranged most of my foodie blog.  In turn, I couldn't sleep at all that night.  I'd done too much.  Not rested enough during the day and simply just gotten more sick.  You know, that thing I was trying to avoid admitting I really was.

On a side note, did I mention I have the sweetest hubby ever?!?!?!  He basically waited on me hand and foot (where did that saying come from anyway?) and did so with a cheerful spirit.  Thank you honey! Love you! :)

Ok, so after a restless night I woke up the opposite of refreshed of course.  In fact, things had only gotten worse and it was looking like I could possibly have strep throat or something.  (My fever was at 101.5 and sore, sore throat that was red, etc...)  So my sweets toted me over to the Urgent Care down the street, where we had to wait a total of 3 hours before being seen.  Only to find out that I in fact did not have strep throat but just a virus.  Just a regular run of the mill upper respiratory infection.

So, I sadly walked out to the waiting room, and we went home.  I guess I was sad that I didn't have something that was treatable, with an actual end in sight.  I realize that probably sounds silly....but just read on and you may understand where I am coming from more....

So the rest of Sunday came and went.  Oh, and the real bummer.  I mean R.E.A.L. bummer about me being sick this weekend?!?!?  Was the fact that we were going to try another church...and couldn't.  :(   K, sorry, back to the story....Sunday night, I slept some...not great by any means, but it was more bearable I suppose.  But then I woke up at 6am to hardly any achiness but I could hardly swallow.  I forced down a couple of pretzels so I could take Tylenol and mucinex, but I think those about killed me.  To make a long story of that day short, my throat hurt SO bad that I could eat/drink was 5 Popsicles.  Yep.  Literally, that's all I had yesterday....amazingly I'm still here.  :)

Last night another super rough night...and did I mention that apparently I am unable to nap during the day now too?  Annoying... Anyway, I woke up this morning to no fever and no body aches, but the worst headache of my life and a still super painful throat.  :(  I grinned and bared it when I took the Tylenol and mucinex with a glass of water.  Then tried to eat some Jello, but even that still hurt.  So, I gave up showered and cuddled up on the couch.  Finally I decided to gargle with more warm salt water (something I have now done in the last 4 days than EVER before in my whole life) and I was feeling better.  I even ate some applesauce. :)  But, I didn't want to push my luck....so I held off on anything else for a while.  Then I just treated myself to a Popsicle and I'm still doing well.

In fact, my throat is feeling so well right now that I requested my hubby pick up Little Caesars on the way home tonight.  I'm not going to lie either.  I am SO excited for that pizza.  And hopefully some crazy bread!!  I haven't eaten for two days...and that's the longest for sure I've ever gone.  (Or hope to go)  Let's face it.  I love food.  :)

And yes, as the title states...that was probably too much info, but it truly is my life.  :)  So, hopefully I will be back blogging regularly here on out....unless of course my body takes revenge on the virus or something... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment